The nursery is one of the best rooms in the house for expressing your creativity and trying your hand at some fun crafting. The person who will inhabit it, after all, won’t care what you do, and will probably enjoy it all the more with bright colors and funky shapes aplenty.
Here are ten awesome DIY nursery decor ideas to get your decorating senses humming. Baby won’t know what hit him.
- This classy painted IKEA rug looks like something that cost a lot of money.
- These fabric-filled embroidery hoops are like colorful bubbles on the wall.
- Encourage your baby to be brainy by using dictionary pages to make wall art.
- Put fabric flowers behind dresser knobs to spice up the baby’s furniture.
- A fabric banner hung with colorful pennants can create a celebratory air.
- Create hand-painted drawer knobs to add a touch of cute to otherwise drab furniture.
- This butterfly-and-ribbon mobile will add a pretty, whimsical touch to your baby’s bed.
- Stimulate your baby’s senses with a hanging wall sculpture in whatever shape you like.
- Put patterned fabric or paper in plain frames to make an interesting wall display.
Have you made or seen any inspiring DIY ideas for nursery decoration? What’s your favorite thing about the nursery you’ve created for your little one?