By Logan Livers, Storage.com
College is as full of new adventures as your car is on the day you move in to your dorm. Storage.com can help you tackle your college career with helpful tips or by providing you a safe storage solution for summer breaks.
When Finals Are Over, Will You Be Ready to Roll?
With the school year coming to an end, most college students are counting down the days to freedom. As they look ahead to a summer full of work, internships, and fun in the sun, many students lose sight of the tall task that is moving home for the summer. For many, it can be either a stressful or expensive experience. But, what if there was a solution where moving out of your dorm could be both simple and affordable?
The answer is self storage, and many college students have already discovered how stress-free it can make moving out of the dorms.
Convenience When Moving Home from College
Perhaps the most stressful part of moving is figuring out the transportation. How are you going to fit everything into a vehicle and move it from point A to point B? When it comes to moving home from school, you often don’t have the opportunity to make multiple trips due to the long distance. Renting a moving truck for the task can be a big expense and hard to line up during the busy moving season.
A storage unit can take all of the stress out of moving home for the summer. Instead of transporting everything a long distance, it can all be stored near your campus at a self storage facility. Here are some of the major convenience factors of using self storage when you move out of the dorms.
- You can take as many trips as needed to move all of your belongings.
- You can move out of the dorms at your own pace, instead of having to do it all in one day.
- Many facilities offer free moving trucks with a storage rental, which can make the task even easier.
- You can share a storage unit with a friend or roommate and split the costs.
- You won’t have to drive home with a car stuffed to the brim with furniture and clothing, which can be stressful and dangerous.
- You won’t need to rent a moving truck, which can be expensive and difficult to drive long distances.
- No need to fill your parents’ home with all of your stuff over the summer, which will make them happy. Happy parents make better summer roommates.
Best of all, finding and renting a storage unit near your campus is easy. Use the search feature at Storage.com to compare available units in your area and make a reservation in just minutes.
Common college items that are easier to keep in self storage than move home:
- Mini fridges
- Bean bags
- Other furniture
- Television or stereo
- Winter clothing
Aside from the convenience factor, using a storage unit can often be the most affordable solution for moving home after the school year. Some students may have too many belongings to fit in their car and would need a moving truck in order to get everything home. In many college towns, a 5×5 storage unit can be rented for as little as $20/month, making it a much more affordable solution than a moving truck rental.
Don’t let stuff stand in the way of celebrating the end of finals week and a summer of fun. Rent a storage unit near campus to make moving out of your dorm simple, and start your summer off in stress-free style.